Have You heard about GM Diet – The Pros And Cons Of This Popular Weight Loss Diet
GM diet chart was specifically formulated for employees of General Motors in 1985, to accelerate weight loss, by consuming low calorie, detoxifying foods. This article explains the original DM diet plan, besides discussing its pros and cons.
How Does A GM Diet Work?
Going on a low-calorie diet may help an individual to lose weight, however, these diets are very intense and not safe to practice in the long run.
Facts About Alternate GM Diet Plan
Here are a few facts about GM Diet Plan ion people should keep in mind before starting the diet.
- The GM diet plan Alternate version is a 7 Day plan.
- The claims about the GM diet Alternate version is that, it is effective at detoxifying the body.
- The Alternate GM diet plan asks the follower follow a crash diet, in which the person reduces to the intake of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins and increases the intake of raw foods like fruits and vegetables.
- The average amount of weight loss is about 15 pounds (approximately 6.8 Kgs).
- Before following the Alternate GM diet plan, you should first consult a professional nutritionist to see if it is fine for you to follow such diet.
After following the GM diet plan Alternate version, it is recommended to take high carb and protein diet.
The GM diet lacks important nutrients
The diet is also not well-balanced and may lead to feelings of deprivation and hunger on some days, due to the varying amounts of macro nutrients it provides.
Most days of the diet provide relatively low amounts of protein, for example.
This can actually be counterproductive, since studies show that protein can decrease appetite and enhance weight loss 5 Trusted Source 6 Trusted Source In one six-month study of 65 participants, those on a high-protein diet lost 8.4 pounds (3.8 kg) more than those on a high-carb diet ( 6 Trusted Source On top of these issues, the diet is lacking in many other essential nutrients. The first three days, for example, are very low in fat, vitamin B12, iron, calcium and more.