IVF Treatment, Risks, Precautions
IVF : A NECESSARY EVIL
For a single parent having a child is their most significant pursuit in life. With the advancement of modern technology, this dream has come to reality. Science has defied the rules of biology and given the world a new way of reproduction, changing the embryo-bearing location from a mother’s womb to clinical labs. Samuel Leopold Schenk is the man behind this nature-defying procedure that we now know as IVF treatment or Vitro fertilization. Vitro Fertilization, in this cycle, eggs from the female regenerative framework are taken out and set into a research center dish containing sperm from the male accomplice. The egg cells are then animated to isolate and treat the sperm. This outcome in numerous undeveloped organisms being made could foster further later implantation.
Reasons for people opting for IVF treatments instead of the standard intercourse
- IVF treatment is a primary choice for those people who want to have children but don’t produce enough eggs, or their eggs can become pregnant after intercourse.
- Age-It’s a harsh and cold truth for the older couples that conceiving a child above 35 is very unlikely. Most women either get menopause or have fragile reproductive systems to conceive a child. Older couples are advised to go for IVF treatment instead of the traditional method to prevent any complications in the baby and any side effects on the mother.
- Medical conditions-You could also have other medical conditions that make getting pregnant difficult. For example, if you’ve had cancer treatments before, you may need additional tests to see if you still have any remaining cells affected by chemotherapy.
- Infertility-You might find yourself infertile due to your lifestyle choices, such as smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol excessively, or taking drugs like cocaine. If this is the case, you will probably struggle to conceive even when using fertility medication. Your body isn’t producing enough of certain hormones needed for pregnancy. These hormones help regulate ovulation and stimulate the uterus lining to prepare for conception. There are some cases where infertility occurs without apparent causes. In these situations, doctors use advanced techniques to try and identify what’s causing the problem. They do this through testing blood samples, examining ultrasound scans, and looking at previous pregnancies.Source: https://www.aspirefertility.com/content/blog/47-understanding-ivf/aspire-infographic-1-min.jpg
Risks Involved with Virgo fertilization
- Mother’s Body reacting to the fertility drugs- IVF treatments include potent fertility drugs that can cause severe side effects. In most cases, a mother is likely to experience nausea, insomnia, fever, skin rashes, vomiting, bloating, mood swings, etc. It becomes essential for the mother to take some painkillers to reduce the irritation after the treatment. Always having an initial idea of the side effects on both the mother and child is better to tackle the after-effects of the treatment.
- Miscarriages and abortions- The embryo is placed inside a lab instead of the natural womb conditions that a source requires to grow and nurture. Due to this, the rate of origin and miscarriages are very high in IVF treatments. It’s tough to duplicate the embryo’s womb-like conditions consistently, and often the uterus declines the source to be implanted.
- Birth defects-Studies show that babies born using the Virgo fertilization method have a higher chance of contracting congenital disabilities.
- Risk of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension-Mothers has a significantly higher chance of high blood pressure when conceiving babies using IVF procedures.
- C-section becomes the only way for a standard delivery due to the higher risks and complications involved in the Virgo fertilization method.
- Emotional and psychological problems- An artificial system for conceiving babies rather than the natural method is traumatizing and anxiety-inducing for the mother. It’s a tough road for a mother to create a baby using the IVF treatment; anxiety and over-thinking are the by-products of the uncertainty and an emotionally dangerous path that mothers have to go through. It’s crucial for couples undergoing IVF treatments to have a support system that can emotionally support them during a stressful time; it’s essential for people not to lose their willpower during these delicate periods.
LEGAL STATUS OF IVF AROUND THE WORLD
- In India, IVF procedures are entirely legal, but using IVF procedures to determine the gender and sex selections is a criminal offense under the 1994, Pre-conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act.
- Only married people can conceive babies using IVF treatment; unmarried couples and people infected with infectious diseases undergo IVF treatments.
- Costa Rica is the first country to impose a complete ban on IVF treatment; this step was taken to reduce the number of abortions and miscarriages. IVF treatments are being ruled as” UNCONSTITUTIONAL,” violating the essence of life.
- In The United States, a couple must undergo various screening and background checks to be eligible for IVF treatments.
Religious Response on IVF treatments
- Science is always met with wide backlash from the religious community. Often it is seen that throughout the world, religious communities call scientific procedures “Acts of the devil” and try to influence the masses to boycott Science. Mainly Science indirectly targets the norms and regulations mentioned in the religion.
- The catholic church has publicly stated its distrust of the IVF treatment procedure, saying this method is a necessary evil to separate the goal of uniting the family.
- Hindus have widely supported and accepted the IVF treatment methods to be a “gift for those couples who can’s bear a child.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN
- There are a couple of things that ought to stay away from following the system essentially for a couple of days, similar to travel. It isn’t advised for a patient to travel significantly by street or via train following the undeveloped organism’s move. Arduous action ought to be kept away from no matter what. A specific measure of movement is OK except if the specialist has exhorted total bed rest. If the specialist has encouraged entire bed rest, then, at that point, just dutifulness will bring about IVF achievement. Patients who overlook the specialist’s recommendation could wind up risking their viable pregnancy.
- Patients should cease any movement that will hamper the serene condition of the Body. At this stage, you wouldn’t have any desire to contrarily affect the developing organism in any capacity until effective implantation.
- Legitimate rest: Proper rest for the Body is vital. A patient ought to guarantee that she gets a good rest term during the evening. It isn’t only the term of the rest but also the nature of rest that is important. Tranquil rest is significant. Abstain from staying awake until late and attempting to rest on time, most recent by 10 pm. An intermittent late night is alright, yet try and get to bed on schedule when in doubt during pregnancy.
- Solid eating regimen: Eating a sound eating routine, including new leafy foods, is significant during your IVF treatment period, after the IVF method, and throughout your pregnancy. Forgo drinking liquor, cold beverages, and charged refreshments. Avoid handled food varieties and pan-fried food sources. Lousy nourishment is a severe ‘no.’ Quite far, attempt and eat home-prepared food and avoid eating food from outside. An eating regimen wealthy in dairy items is excellent.
- Exercises and exercise: Immediately after your IVF methodology, it is prudent to abstain from working out. Particularly demanding activities, including lifting loads and heart stimulating exercise, should stay away. Assuming you have been routinely rehearsing yoga, some light yoga poses that don’t affect the stomach region can be drilled. Nonetheless, don’t begin yoga now, assuming that you were not doing it prior. Not many days after the IVF strategy until implantation occurs, it is wiser to require your yoga practice to be postponed.
- Likewise, it is essential to avoid not breathing in recycled smoke individuals who smoke. Stay in regions that have pure, new, and clean air. Breathing in contamination and poisonous vapor can jeopardize your origination and lead to unsuccessful labor.
IVF Treatment Process
Before starting an IVF cycle, your doctor will usually perform one or more tests on you to check how well your body functions during periods when you’re trying to conceive. Your doctor will look at things like hormone levels, ovarian reserve, and cervical mucus quality. They will also take a sample of fluid called semen from inside your penis. Semen contains millions of healthy sperms ready to swim towards the egg cell.
Once all the necessary information has been gathered, your doctor will discuss whether he thinks you should proceed with IVF treatment. There are two types of IVF cycles – fresh embryo transfer and frozen embryo transfer. Both methods involve removing mature eggs from your ovaries and placing them with sperm in a lab dish. However, only the first method creates new embryos, while the second uses previously stored ones.
Fresh Embryo Transfer
This IVF procedure begins with a series of injections designed to trigger ovulation. Once the eggs start developing, they are taken out of the woman’s body and put into a unique incubator. The next step is fertilization. The man’s sperm enters the egg cell and combines with its DNA during this process. After about 24 hours, the resulting zygote starts dividing rapidly until around 200 cells. At this point, the embryo can be transferred back into the womb.
This whole process takes approximately three days. It’s important not to rush this stage because too many immature embryos can cause problems later down the line.
The main advantage of this technique is that it allows women who don’t produce vast numbers of eggs to become pregnant. Also, since the embryos aren’t created artificially, their genetic makeup remains intact.
However, it does mean that you won’t know which embryo was implanted successfully until after 12 weeks of gestation. This means there may be no way of knowing if any particular seed would have resulted in a successful birth.
If you decide to undergo this form of IVF treatment, you’ll need to wait several months before attempting another round of IVF. You might want to consider freezing your embryos so that you can store them safely for future attempts.
You can freeze your embryos by putting them in liquid nitrogen tanks. These tanks keep the temperature below minus 196 degrees Celsius. When you remove the seeds from these tanks, they remain viable for up to five years.
You can then thaw them whenever you feel ready to attempt another pregnancy. If you choose to use frozen embryos, you must make sure that you follow specific guidelines. For example, you shouldn’t let the embryos warm above room temperature as doing so could damage them.
Also, when using frozen embryos, you should avoid transferring more than one at a time. Doing so increases the risk of multiple births or miscarriages.
IVF Treatment Success Rates: How do I Know Which Method Is Right?
There isn’t much difference between the success rates of both techniques. Most doctors agree that the chances of getting pregnant through either method are similar. In general, the possibility of having a baby following an assisted reproductive technology cycle depends on how old you are, whether you’re trying to conceive naturally or via ART, and what kind of infertility issues you face.
For instance, older couples tend to have lower success rates than younger people. And those who suffer from unexplained fertility problems often fare worse than others.
Experts say that the decision comes down to personal preference and choosing between fresh and frozen embryos. Some patients prefer the convenience of storing their embryos, while other individuals find the idea of creating life unnerving.
So, ultimately, the choice will come down to your circumstances. However, some things are worth considering. First off, if you’ve already had children, you probably wouldn’t want to go through all the trouble again. On top of that, if you plan to adopt, you’d prefer to start with healthy embryos rather than ones that were produced under less-than-ideal conditions.
Finally, if you don’t mind waiting longer to get pregnant, you might opt for fresh embryos over frozen ones because they take about three times as long to produce. But remember that even though they last longer, they also cost more money. So, depending on your situation, you might end up paying more overall to save yourself a few days.
Bringing a baby into this world is no joke, and it becomes not just the duty for the responsibility for the parents to provide the best circumstances for the baby to grow. Conceiving q baby is not just another natural process but is the act of “humanity” that is the highest ambition of the human species. It’s always important for couples to keep in mind their current and future situations to come; a question that the teams should ask is whether they are ready to be parents.
The success of rate of IVF is way below the natural way of reproduction, and there are very high chances of abortions and miscarriage. Proper precautions and measures should be taken before undergoing IVF treatments.